INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT VAGINAL STEAMING:
The practice of Vaginal Steaming dates back thousands of years.
It can be traced back to almost every indigenous Asian, African, Mayan, European, and Native American culture.
Vaginal Steaming is the hottest new trend in alternative medicine and female sexual awakening.
The first scientific study in America has recently been completed on the effects of vaginal steaming for postpartum recovery.
WHAT IS A VAGINAL STEAM?
VAGINAL STEAMING IS A GENTLE METHOD OF MAINTAINING FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE & SEXUAL HEALTH WITH HERB INFUSED STEAM.
Vaginal steaming is an excellent pre or post menstrual hygienic practice, as well as a standard postnatal treatment by midwives around the world. Vaginal steaming is known by many traditions as pelvic steaming, yoni steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, bajos, and womb therapy.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Actually, all women can benefit from this gentle relaxing treatment.
- Women who are curious about empowered sexuality
- Women trying to conceive
- Women who have had children and want to reclaim their body
- Women healing from trespass
- Women wanting more pleasure, sensation, erotic permission
- Women who are curious about deep relaxation
- Women wanting to help HPV or other STIs, bacterial or fungal issues
- Women with or without uteruses
- Women who are doing great down there and want more!
- Women seeking relief from menstrual issues
- Young women preparing for menstruation
HOW DO VAGINAL STEAMS WORK?
Vaginal Steams naturally cleanse, balance flora, and lubricate the vagina by releasing stagnation including blood and/or discharge from the uterine lining. The vaginal canal contains an abundant supply of blood vessels and mucus membranes and it is believed that herbal steam can penetrate through the cell walls in the vulva and vagina.
While the warm herbal steam does not directly enter the womb, it does soften the tissues, relaxes the belly and the pelvic floor, and increases blood and lymph flow in the entire pelvis.
HOW IS A VAGINAL STEAM DONE?
A personalized protocol, including herb selection and set up, will be determined by Sarah Louisignau, a certified steam facilitator. A woman will relax on one of her sanitized, vaginal steam chairs, sitting between 10-30 minutes, with the option to be guided in a meditation as she enjoys this ancient, nourishing self care ritual.
During her vaginal steam, a woman will be in an enclosed room, either alone or with Sarah in attendance. Additional treatments include private yoga sessions, massage, breath work, energy work, and sound healing sessions before or after her steam session.
WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF VAGINAL STEAMING?
A consistent vaginal steam practice can lead to an easy and pain-free cycle, increased fertility, increased vaginal lubrication, and reducing other uterine abnormalities. Vaginal steaming is a wellness ritual that allows women to honor, reconnect, and take ownership of their reproductive system in a unique way.
Vaginal Steams can be helpful for the following conditions:
- reduce pain, cramping, and bloating from menstruation
- regulate menstruation cycles
- reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, and endometriosis
- repair vaginal tears, c-section scars, and episiotomies
- treat painful endometriosis
- treat hemorrhoids & organ prolapse
- alleviate painful sex & enhance libido
- enhance your sexual sensitivity and boost fertility
- ease menopause symptoms: dryness or painful sex
- clear up bacteria or yeast infections
- drain painful cysts, heal from cyst ruptures
- expel fibroids
- resolve unexplained infertility
- boost postpartum recovery
THE REAL CONVERSATION
Women’s sexual & reproductive health is a luxury for many. It’s difficult to find therapies to treat issues that modern medicine dismisses, like sexual wellness and menstrual health.
IT BRINGS US TOGETHER
Many women have a rift inside themselves. A feeling of being victimized by their bodies, their cycles, their culture, leadership personalities, and their past traumas.
Steaming as a mindful ritual brings women back into harmony with themselves, and my approach is all about dropping below the surface of individualism to find the greater experience of wholeness. When we know ourselves as not separate from each other and the earth, we soar emotionally and energetically, not to mention all the physical relief from symptoms that could otherwise require surgery.
Steaming gives women the space to go inside, to call forth the innate healing capacities from within her, to reunite with the unknown force of innate health.
THIS IS A MOVEMENT.
WE ARE MORE THAN OUR BODIES. OUR BODIES ARE NOT BROKEN.
- 81% of women are suffering from some form of sexual trespass.
- 600,000 hysterectomies are performed in the US annually.
- 1 in 8 couples in America experience difficulty conceiving.
- 70-80% of women will develop uterine fibroids.
- Endometriosis affects 1 in 10 women.
- 90% of women who menstruate experience complications.
- 23-40% report the pain is so bad they have to miss school or work.
THE ANCIENT THERAPY OF VAGINAL STEAMING HAS BEEN KNOWN TO HEAL ALL OF THIS.
THE CONCEPT OF V STEAMS BEING A VEHICLE FOR AWAKENING
Similar to the Red Tents of our ancestors, a Vaginal Steaming Spa offers a place of refuge for women. Not only will this create an environment of reverence that will heal our personal and cultural disrespect for our cycles, but also offers a place that encourages self care, healing and awareness around our cycles, and our sexuality – and that is revolutionary!
And there is so much more. Women waking up to their true nature are…
…looking away from the superficial self-help techniques
…looking away from therapy that dives into stories of the past
…looking away from the industries that profit from pathologizing us
…looking away from the thoughts and beliefs of their ego
…looking away from identifying as their bodies, or doing work to ‘accept’ their bodies
…looking away from the next best way to improve ourselves
Because all this is noise that distracts us from the journey of looking toward something more fulfilling, natural, simple, and profoundly grounding. Of finding the experience of HOME once and for all.
Whether a woman seeks to discover her sexual awakening on her terms, or wants to promote rapid healing of her body postpartum, or is recovering from sexual trespass, or is trying to conceive, or is new to bleeding and wants to support regularity and healthy cycles, the ancient practice of Vaginal Steaming opens the door.
And once that door is open, the path HOME becomes clear.
ABOUT SARAH LOU
Sarah Lou (WolfMother) is passionate about reconnecting humanity, specifically women, to the body of the earth and their own living pelvis and sacred feminine/masculine polarity. She is a writer, publishing on her substack The SheWolf Pack, as well as a co-authored book called The Sacred Feminine.
She’s a doula, pelvic & abdominal bodyworker, vaginal steam facilitator, pelvic floor therapist, yoga teacher, menstrual cycle analyst, and infradian rhythm and cycle syncing guide. She leads retreats, workshops and mentorship groups for wildish women reclaiming reproductive, and sexual wellness, and she has a private bodywork practice in Traverse City Michigan. Programs she has created include The Infradian Year, The Pelvic Reset Movement Series, and The Sensual Body Reset Program. She lives on Anishinaabe land in Northwestern Lower Michigan.
Ready to uncover a life of biological, psychospiritual & mythopoetic radiance?
Check out The Infradian Year! Sarah’s year long mentorship program for wildish women aligning with the (uniquely female) Infradian Rhythm.
Is The Infradian Year for you?
Something mysterious in you has awakened. You have been allured by your wildish nature. A romance within you like no love you’ve ever known is beginning to ripen, a romance with nature, your beautiful sensual body, and the dreamy world of the feminine.
Deepen into the mythopoetic lifestyle of following your Infradian Rhythm for an entire year, with sisterhood, guidance, accountability, and sacredness. There will be space for structure and spontaneity alike.
This is for you if any of the following resonate:
- You have felt disconnected from your womb, your creative core, your feminine essence
- You have been struggling with painful, erratic menstrual cycles
- You are nearing a threshold of some kind as a woman
- You are transitioning into a new reproductive season: menstruation, childbirth, postpartum, perimenopause, menopause
- You desire a deeper connection to your sacred feminine wisdom
- You desire to be deeply romanced by nature, or your inner wild woman eros